Saturday 15 December 2012

Scarlet Ribbons (for her hair)

Gene Vincent - Scarlet Ribbons b/w White Lightning

I picked up this record (in the late 70's) mainly because I loved White Lightning, but over the years Scarlet Ribbons has become my chosen side of the two. Gene's voice is in fine form.
Recorded with session musicians including the return of lead guitarist Johnny Meeks with a 23-year-old Linda Ronstadt on second vocals.
Dandelion Records was a British record label started in 1969 by John Peel as a way to get the music he liked onto record.

White Lightning B/w Scarlet Ribbons(May 1970, Dandelion S 4974) Label says 1969

Gene had another release prior to this on Dandelion

Be Bop A Lula ’69  B/w Ruby Baby
(October 1969, Dandelion S 4596)
Sorry but I don't have this on vinyl 45.

I ripped White Lightning and Scarlet Ribbons in STEREO (I'm normally a mono guy!)

Here...

An old postcard (1980's) from my small collection

1 comment: