Sunday 3 March 2013

Holiday For Love


While sorting out my man cave I came across a CD I was sent by a friend of mine on MySpace (remember that) in 2005. It's a fine collection put together by a fellow blogger Westex.  
All the songs are ripped from the original US vinyl 45's



When Nashville met Rock 'n' Roll consists of mainstream country artists of the time giving the big beat their full attention (in most cases they make it). The standout track on this collection (for me anyway) is 'Go Ahead On'. I always thought that Jimmy Heap was the singer on this! Apparently it's a cat called Perk Williams doing the vocal delivery, well I never knew that, you learn new stuff everyday. 

Perk Williams


2 comments:

  1. This is a great compilation. Thank you for the post.
    ralph11

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very welcome ralph11, it is nice to get comments.

    ReplyDelete