Saturday 20 July 2013

The 17th Rockabilly Rave


Just a few videos and the odd ramble about this years Rockabilly Rave. 


Rhythm River Trio - Sutterin' Cindy
Scotty Baker - '50 Buick
Keith Turner - I Just Found Out
Rhythm River Trio - Peepin' Eyes
Rocky Burnette - Oh Baby, Babe
Carolina and her Rhythm Rockets - Leave This Town
Joe Fury - Pistol Boogie
Rhythm River Trio - Love, Come Back To Me
Carolina and her Rhythm Rockets - Unknown Title
The Lucky Bullets - Saturday Night
Bubba J - Rock Bop Baby
Rhythm River Trio - Boppin' Bonnie
Bubba J - Don't Go Baby
Rhythm River Trio - Love Me
The Lucky Bullets - Fire Down Below
The Doel Brothers - Nothin' 'Bout Love
The Doel Brothers - I Need Your Lovin'

Live Rockabilly Rave 17 MP3's 

Kicking off the Rockabilly Rave must be a nerving experience, but I could not see it in The Rhythm River Trio's performance. It was totally professional and also musically very tight. I go to the Rave to hear authentic 1950's sounding Rockabilly and these guys sure delivered. They have a CD out on Rhythm Bomb Records 'Wild Side Of Live'.  They are also currently recording new material at Sugar Rays Vintage Recording Studio  In my opinion one of the best bands of the whole weekend.




Rhythm River Trio - Wasting Time On You

Scotty Baker - '50 Buick
This guy was every bit as good as Jerry Chatabox said he would be, the audience agreed and demanded more. We have not seen the last of this Australian rockabilly

Rocky Burnette - Oh Baby, Babe with Darrel Higham on guitar


I JUST FOUND OUT - KEITH TURNER

The Lucky Bullets - The Cry of the Wild Goose
 
Now this is a guy that likes to put a lot of passion into a song.



THE DOEL BROTHERS - NOTHIN' ABOUT LOVE
Another highlight for me was the Doel Brothers, the audience interaction was right, the harmonies and musicianship was top notch and 90% original material. I bought their CD 'Oh Brother, It's The Doel Brothers!' and their 45 too. I can't rate this band highly enough.




The rave was a real blast (and every year it takes me longer to get over it) even though two of the acts I was looking forward to seeing could not make it, I still had a ball. Mike Bell and the Belltones could not be there for health reasons. Fingers crossed he makes a full recovery, below is a youtube movie of them recording the excellent 'Shake Some Action'.

The Wise Guyz had visa related problems which was a damn shame they were on my too hot to miss list especially after seeing the self produced video 'Don't Touch My Greasy Hair' on youtube.
MAYBE NEXT YEAR

No comments:

Post a Comment