Friday 6 September 2013

SKIFFLE


HOME MADE FOUR TRACK EXTENDED PLAY RIPPED FROM THE VINYL DECCA L.P 'ROCK ECHOES' TAB 56 (1982) WHILE PLAYING ON A 1961 DANSETTE RECORD PLAYER. RIPPED TO MP3 FORMAT.

GOOD MORNING BLUES - CITY RAMBLERS
THIS LITTLE LIGHT OF MINE - RAY BUSH
HOW LONG BLUES - RAY BUSH
I AIN'T GONNA WORRY NO MORE - ALEXIS KORNER


ALEXIS KORNER (Photo thanks to Terry Cryer *)
CITY RAMBLERS
RAY BUSH with THE AVON CITY SKIFFLE GROUP 

 
* Terry Cryer is a British jazz and blues photographer. Described by MOJO magazine as "The Dean of UK jazz and blues photographers", Cryer is best known for portraits of some of the genre’s most renowned performers

3 comments:

  1. Those fabulous skifflin' days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Duke, the photo of Alexis playing with Sonny Terry and Brownie Mcghee is my copyright, would you be kind enough to put my name withit. Please see my web site as comfirmation of my credentials. Regards Terry Cryer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terry, thanks for not asking me to take the photo down. I've also checked out your excellent website. Kudos
    Duke

    ReplyDelete