Thursday 6 March 2014

Big Bill Lister

I was having a holiday in Texas back in September 2001 when I had the good fortune to meet and shake hands with the great Bill Lister. He was in the audience at the Llano Opry in the Llan-Tex theatre watching a show starring Leona Williams. He really was a nice guy, very friendly and polite and he answered my questions that he must have heard and answered a thousand times before! RIP Bill a true gent.



Big Bill's business card from the early 1950's

LOCAL YOKEL (My old scratchy version)


LOCAL YOKEL (Clean version, thanks Bob)
There's a party going on.

2 comments:

  1. I've got a cleaner version of the track you post here.
    Can you get copy?
    Bob

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bob
      I would love a cleaner copy of this great song, do you have it in MP3 format?
      jaustinduke@btinternet.com
      Thanks
      Duke

      Delete